Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Born

Here you go moms - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself.

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We were very excited especially since we had had a miscarriage 3 months before.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 21, almost 22.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Home Pregnancy Test

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? David, then my Mom.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? There is no way we could have waited.

9. DUE DATE? September 13, 2000

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I had morning sickness a few times and it was mostly when traveling. At a friends wedding in Portland and at another friends wedding in the parking lot of the temple.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Burger King Hamburgers and Pickles.

12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? My boss at work was trying to get me to quit because I was pregnant. He kept cutting my hours and teaching other people to do the jobs that only I would do. I fianlly quit a month before I delivered.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Female

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Yes, I had a big brother and always wanted my kids to have one, but I was happy with a girl, that is what David wanted.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? between 20 and 30.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?Yes.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? It was planned, thanks Diane!

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I didn't have any problem during pregnancy, delivery is a different story.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Madison Memorial Hospital

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I was in labor at home for 5 hours, then at the hosptial for 13 hours.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? David

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? David. My Mom was there, but didn't come into the delivery room.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-section

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had nubain at 9 centemeters, then ended up having a spinal block for the surgery.

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 pounds, 7 ounces

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? September 18, 2000

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Shayla Marie Dopp

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN NOW? 8

2 comments:

Janice said...

That is a cute survey. I might have to do it too. Its fun to remember all those memories. It seems like such a long time ago.

Annie said...

That stinks to have a c-section after all that labor. Pregnancy and labor stories are always so intriguing to me.