


I know it has been a long time since I have blogged. Truthfully, I forgot about it. I am going to try and be better. Sometimes my life just seems same old, same old, and I don't think anyone wants to hear about it.
Last Saturday, October 11th, Shayla was baptized. She was so excited all week, she kept counting down the days. I was counting down the days because I bought her dress off of Ebay on September 28th and as of the 7th it hadn't arrived yet. Shayla and I made a trip to the mall and she tried on some dresses at JoLene's just in case the dress didn't arrive. I would watch for the mail lady to come each day, and get a little more upset when it didn't arrive. I was sure it would be here by Friday. When it didn't arrive on Friday, I went to the post office and talked to them. They said without a tracking number they couldn't find where it was at. They said that all the packages come at 5 am and they would look for it. I gave them my name and number so they could call and let me know. Saturday morning, at 8:30am they hadn't called yet. I found the PO number and called. She said that she hadn't seen it come in. So, my Mom and I got ready and headed to the mall to buy the dress. Thank goodness the baptism wasn't until 3:30pm. Her dress did finally come on Tuesday. It is gorgeous, but will hang in my closet for a year and a half until Olivia is baptized. I am still trying to decide what kind of feedback I want to leave on Ebay. Her baptism went well. We had a lot of family and friends. My niece Danielle was also baptized. Her dad was in Iraq when she turned 8 and came home the end of Sept. so we decided to baptize them togother. It felt like I was rushing around the whole time. I gave the talk on Baptism. Which I am still shocked I did. I hate getting in front of people and talking. The RS room was so crowded that I had a hard time finding a spot to watch her get baptized. I went in after she was done and got her towel, then she and I stood there and watched Danielle get baptized. We went and got her dried off and dressed, then had a confirmation of the Holy Ghost. Then, after everyone was done, we were trying to shoo everyone into the hall so the next group could come in. We had the dinner over at the church right across from our house. It was so much better than trying to out 75 people in my house. We BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs and had people bring salads and desserts. It was nice. I am glad it is over with now and I have sometime until I have to do it again.


1 comment:
you posted again...it's about time!!! :) i like how you did Shayla's hair...
Post a Comment