I may be going to the store again soon to get some more apples!!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Caramel Apples
On Saturday, we went to Tucanos to celebrate my birthday. When we got there we were told there was a 45 minute wait...for LUNCH!! It is located in the Riverwoods shopping center, so we decided to just walk around while we waited and the restaurant said they would call our cell phone to let us know when our table was ready. Right next to Tucanos is the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I have seen it before when we have been there, but never gone in. Shayla saw it and asked it we could go in. We walked in and were surround with chocolate deliciousness. Since we had a wait, I told the kids that they could each choose a chocolate covered Marshmellow to snack on. These were regular size marshmellow, dipped in caramel, then dipped in white or milk chocolate and rolled in some topping. They were only sold by weight which was $17.95 a pound! They ended up being about $1.50 each. David got two chocolates, and I couldn't pass up a caramel apple. The apple was $5.50, I think. It was a Chocolate Caramel Pecan Apple. It was so Yummy!! I did share with everyone. Our total when we checked out was $15.00 for a caramel apple, 4 dipped marshmellows and two chocolates!! I have been thinking about that apple since then. I was searching around on one of my favorite food blogs(http://www.ourbestbites.com/) for halloween treat ideas and came across their caramel apples recipe. She was comparing them to the RMC Factories apples. Alot of the comments from people said how yummy they were. I decided I wanted to try and make them. I took off to the store and picked up the ingredients I needed. Granny Smith Apples, Kraft Caramels, Dipping white and milk chocolate, pecans, candy toppings and sticks. I was excited and nervous to make them. I envisioned my caramel just sliding off the apple and not sticking, but it stuck beautifully. Dawson and Logan were helping me and kept asking when they would be done. I did a few different kinds. Caramel Chocolate rolled in pecans and drizzled with white chocoalte, caramel chocolate rolled in butterfingers and drizzled with white chocolate, and caramel white chocolate rolled in cinnamon sugar mixture. I also did one caramel white chocolate rolled in pecans. I made the kids wait to eat them until after dinner, forcing them to eat their chili..which also came off of our best bites Chipotle Chocolate Chili. They were so Yummy!! I wasn't sure how the cinnamon sugar ones would taste, but they were delicious. Here are some pictures of them.
This was the White chocolate/cinnamon sugar aka Apple Pie. They all got cut up before the pic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Those look yummy. I love our best Bites. You have to make their buttermilk caramel syrup, delicious.
Yum, I just had breakfast but you are making me hungry. They look really great, maybe I will have to run to the store.
Post a Comment