Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Couch

Some of you may have heard about this, or already seen the pictures, but some haven't so I thought I would tell the story on my blog. I was babysitting last week, and the boys were playing downstairs. I usually don't go check on them unless there is screaming or crying going on. They came upstairs after being down there for awhile and said, "Come look at what Logan and Ezra did to the couch." I was thinking the cushions were all off, which is something they do all the time. David had talked to all the kids a few days before and said that they weren't allowed to take the cushions and blankets off the couches anymore. That is what I was expecting to see, the blankets and cushions off. As I walked down the stairs, I noticed stuffing on the stairs. I looked into the family room the this is what I saw. There was stuffing everywhere. I couldn't believe the mess. I stayed calm though and put the boys in time out. I explained to them that what they did was very bad. We had to leave and go pick up David from work, so we didn't clean it up. I told David that the boys were in trouble and he asked what they had done. I said I couldn't explain it, he had to see if for himself. He was upset when he saw it too. It took us 9 garbage bags to fill with the stuffing. They had used scissors and cut open all the back cushions and pulled all of the stuffing out. They didn't open up the bottom cushions. They also stabbed some of the side pillows and stabbed the back of our other couches. David says that Dawson and Logan are grounded until January, but how can you really ground a 2 and 4 year old?
They pretty much destroyed the whole room. That is the book case and all the books were under the pile of stuffing. They had the cushions off of the blue couches and ripped them up some too.
I love my boys eventhough they sure do know how to make a mess.

1 comment:

jeffandbecca said...

Wow that is amazing! I thought my kids had been pretty destructive, but that definitly tops it. You are a good Mom to handle it so calmly. It looks like you get a new couch now!